Thursday, August 5, 2010

How Do I Remove a Nail Polish Stain on Jeans?

I accidentally spilled nail polish on one of my favorite pairs of jeans. Stupidly, I washed them in the washing machine, just assuming the stain would come out. However, the stain was not removed at all, so I ask my mother what to do. She told me that there was nothing I could do, as washing (and drying) the jeans has permanently set the stain.





Is this true? Are there no hopes for the jeans? I already tried nail polish remover, and it didn't help at all.How Do I Remove a Nail Polish Stain on Jeans?
if you dried them in a dryer rather than line drying then yes, the heat from the dryer has permanently set the stain.








if this happens again then the way you would remove nail polish is to *blot* NOT rub, nail polish remover or acetone over the stain until the stain is completely gone. Then you would wash and dry as normal.How Do I Remove a Nail Polish Stain on Jeans?
I agree with your Mom..I have same exact problem as you,spilled polish on favorite jeans,, Except mine isn't real noticeable, Im still able to wear them. The nail polish I got on them was a very pale pink, and like in location near my knee,, also amount I spilled is only like a small speck size.So I,m sure nobody even notices it but me.


I'm anxious to see all answers thou in case it happens again.. Only thing I know that might take out the polish is pure acetone,, that might work..
now that you've already washed them, im not sure if it'll work but the second u spilled the nail polish, u should've taken a damp wet cloth and tried to remove it or even nail polish remover works (it helped me remove acrylic paint on my shirt, the second it got on)
That stain isn't coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment