Saturday, August 21, 2010

Is there something that I can use to remove liquid nail ?

I am taking down a shower door and the liquid nail that was use to attach the guide rails needs to be remove, so I can finish the job. I question the people at home depot, they was no help. Is there someone who knows?Is there something that I can use to remove liquid nail ?
Try acetone it is found in the paint dept. at home depot it will loosen up the liquid nailIs there something that I can use to remove liquid nail ?
Flood underneath the rail with lacquer thinner. It'll dissolve the glue easily. Use an old knife to separate the rail from the tile and tub.
When I remodel bathrooms and I take panels down that were glued up and shower door frames that were glued or caulked I use a heat gun, [hair blower will also work] to soften up the glue, then it will scrape right off.
Careful with the acetone... I worked with this stuff for years.. and if you have a plastic enclosure, youll damage it... if its painted steel... you could ruin the paint finish.





Surprising enough, you can use a fishing line (thats right, a fishing line) to remove thick build up of caulk and liquid nail. You might want to wrap it around something other than your fingers, to draw it back and forth, so you dont cut your fingers... but this WILL remove the adhesive. Works great on mirrors glued to walls with liquid nail, or mastic too.





Another option is to us a plastic putty knife...and it helps if you get the glue good and cold first... you can do this with ice, but Ive found that the ';cold spray'; you find in the first aid department at stores works very well for this, and gum. I suggest a plastic putty knife (as stiff as you can find) so that you dont scratch the tub surface.





Have Fun!
Dynamite might work, Stuff stuff, GL
  • eye shadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment